This year, like last, we are taking great strides to make LeiOut as safe as possible.
- We have two local health experts continually monitoring the COVID-19 situation and providing further guidance to ensure LeiOut 2023 is operated in the safest and most equitable manner possible.
- We are requiring all participants to have been fully vaccinated by December 30, 2022. Proof thereof must be uploaded by December 30, 2022 as well. If you are not currently vaccinated that means you need to start the process early in order to be allowed on site by LeiOut 2023, see the important dates table. There are no medical or religious exemptions permitted for this year’s event as we are prioritizing the health and safety of our community and the general public. We will not be mandating proof of booster vaccination shots, but our health experts strongly encourage participants to stay up to date!
- If you have experienced any COVID symptoms or had a direct indoor exposure (15+ minutes in the same room) within 10 days of the event please stay home.
- If you discover any of your teammates are positive on January 14th or later we ask that you alert the TD and have your entire team immediately leave the beach to quarantine back in your accommodations. This is too large of an event to risk transmission.
- We will be adhering to or surpassing all National, state and local COVID-19 guidelines. Please ensure you have a mask on your person at all times to be prepared for any last minute shifts in guidelines and protocols. Our health experts also strongly recommend you wear a mask on public transit, in shared car rides, and on planes to and from the event.
- Read more about the vaccine mandate here.
Thank you in advance for doing your part to keep LeiOut 2023 and the general public safe.
General Health & Safety
- There will be professional athletic trainers and medics on site to help with those nagging injuries and also with on field emergencies.
- There will be hand sanitizer available at high-touch points.
- We will be distributing tournament food differently to reduce touch points.
- We will make more health and safety changes if and when our local health experts advise us to.