This year more than ever we are taking great strides to make LeiOut as safe as possible.
- We have a COVID-19 Health Advisory Committee that is continually monitoring the Coronavirus situation and providing further guidance to ensure LeiOut 2022 is operated in the safest and most equitable manner possible. If you are in the public health, science, or medical field and feel passionate about helping keep LeiOut safe for all please fill out this form to join the Committee.
- We are requiring all participants to have been fully vaccinated by December 31, 2021. Proof thereof must be uploaded by January 7, 2022. If you are not currently vaccinated that means you need to start the process early in order to be allowed on site by LeiOut 2022, see the important dates table. There are no medical or religious exemptions permitted for this year’s event as we are prioritizing the health and safety of our community and the general public.
- If you have experienced any COVID symptoms or had a direct indoor exposure (15+ minutes in the same room) within 10 days of the event please stay home.
- If you discover any of your teammates are positive on January 14th or later we ask that you alert the TD and have your entire team immediately leave the beach to quarantine back in your accommodations. This is too large of an event to risk transmission.
- We will be adhering to or surpassing all National, state and local COVID-19 guidelines; as such, please ensure you have a mask on your person at all times. California currently mandates masks be worn whenever indoors, but it’s important we all be prepared for any last minute shifts in guidelines and protocols.
- Read more about the vaccine mandate here.
Thank you in advance for doing your part to keep LeiOut 2022 and the general public safe.
General Health & Safety
- There will be professional athletic trainers and medics on site to help with those nagging injuries and also with on field emergencies.
- There will be hand sanitizer available at high-touch points.
- We will be distributing tournament food differently to reduce touch points.
- We will make more changes as our Health Advisory Committee advises us.